It's tempting to keep this beautiful hide-away to myself, but it's so incredible that it must be shared...
Lost Parrot Cabins on Lake Travis in Austin, Texas where color and joy abound. Tropical scenery, refreshing pool, relaxing hot tubs, secluded and private Caribbean-style bungalows, artistic decor, hammocks on treetop porches, nature trails...
I have to remind myself that, often times, when I "put myself out there," I receive what I need.
Sometimes, that means that I'm able to help others. Other times, it means that I let others help me (which is the hardest part for me.) Today, someone let me know that they care. Later in the day, I was able to let someone else know that I care. Not really profound, but a good reminder. It was a good day.
As the Royal Wedding day approaches, it's fun to pay respect to the British flag. The Union Jack is such a wonderful icon. I love how the Brits use their flag in fashion, design, and art. It's easy to create an instant cool statement by throwing a Union Jack into your wardrobe or interior design.
I really love this graffiti painted armoire! It has inspired me to think of all the ways you could make a piece of vintage furniture unique to your life:
- Favorite quotes in many foreign languages.
- New year's resolutions each year or a milestone you completed each year. A greeting to yourself.
- Children's writing at the same time every year, perhaps on birthdays or holidays. You will treasure the history.
- Have a party for your friends and have them all write a greeting to you or to surprise someone special.
- Wedding wishes for the happy bohemian/artsy couple from all of their guests.
- Write out an entire chapter of your favorite read.
- Write favorite recipes and place it in your kitchen. Add more recipes as you learn them.
- Favorite song lyrics or poetry.
- Bathroom furniture for guests to leave messages.
- Journal anything and everything and treasure it forever.
- Anything you would tattoo on yourself, try out on your furniture first!
DIY: This will work best on a wooden piece of furniture. First spray or brush on primer as a base, then do the same with the paint you want under your graffiti (white or light colors are obviously best.) To do the graffiti, use Deco-color paint pens for best permanent application, they come in all sizes and colors. Spray a clear coat to protect the finish. For upholstery, muslin works beautifully.